Homepage Forums FORUM West All-Star Football Notebook: Twin Towers Will Anchor Offensive Line

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lillybadgett

<br>The Pro Bowl could also be transitioning to flag soccer this weekend in Las Vegas.<br><br>The identical can’t be mentioned for the native version Saturday afternoon at Ventura College.<br><br>The helmets will likely be buckled and shoulder pads might be strapped for the 49th annual Ventura County Highschool Football All-Star sport, introduced by the Ventura Downtown Lions Club and the Ventura County Football Coaches Association.<br><br>And the West staff won’t be shy to make use of them, contemplating the twin towers who will be anchoring its imposing offensive line.<br><br>More:East All-Star football notebook: It was a storybook season for Story, Newbury Park<br><br>More:Football stars rejoice faculty locations at Ventura County Coaches Signing Luncheon<br><br>Buena senior Miles Medina and Ventura senior Tobias Raymond give the West workforce bookend 6-foot-7 tackles.<br><br>”We’ve bought an enormous (offensive) line and we’re going to lean on those guys,” said Hueneme interim head coach Ryan Frazier, who’s teaching the West crew.<br><br>Medina and Raymond are each Division I commits. While Raymond is a longtime USC commit, the 6-7, 280-pound Medina simply signed with Cal Poly San Luis Obispo this week.<br><br>”I’ve been constructing a relationship with coach (Paul) Wulff for over a year now,” Medina stated. “It feels nice. … They’re getting a bunch of guys in there and it’s going to be a special place in the subsequent couple years.”<br><br>Although Rio Mesa’s Anthony Garcia, arguably the county’s prime middle the previous couple of seasons, will miss the game due to wrestling in Channel League finals, the West has plenty of depth up entrance.<br><br>”We’ve received a couple guys up entrance who might be able to make one thing happen,” Medina stated.<br><br>The West offensive line consists of Robert Hernandez, Elijah Acosta and Frankie Cardenas of St. Bonaventure, Yahir Gomez and Juan Lopez of Hueneme, Jonathan Tuggle and Julian Alfaro of Rio Mesa, and Brandon Lewis of Camarillo.<br><br>”We’ve bought plenty of huge guys on the road, honestly,” Rio Mesa security Sal Maria said. “That’s a battle up front right there. I’m confident in our guys.”<br><br>The West offensive line might be the deciding consider a recreation that’s highlighted by the matchup of the Star’s All-County Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year – St. Bonaventure High working back Delon Thompson and Thousand Oaks linebacker Chase Martin.<br><br>”It’s nice having all these nice players out here,” Medina stated. “Everybody is quite a bit higher than I believed. There’s no weak spots out right here.”<br><br>Kickoff is 1 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for youngsters.<br><br>TURNING OUT FOR THE WEST<br><br>The West roster appears robust.<br><br>The quarterbacks embody Brody Meyer, who threw for 32 touchdowns and 5 interceptions for Camarillo as a senior; Marcus Castaneda, who broke the Ventura County report for passing yards in a playoff recreation by throwing for 531 in a 62-fifty five win over El Monte in November; and Zane Carter, who led Buena to its first sectional remaining as a junior.<br><br>Frazier has identified Meyer for years, considering he performed at St. Bonaventure along with his older brothers, Logan and Zach.<br><br>”I’ve seen him around,” Frazier said. “I knew what was coming.”<br><br>He’s been particularly impressed with Carter, who he known as a “Division I talent, for sure.”<br><br>”He could honestly play D-I at any place,” Frazier stated.<br><br>Thompson is joined within the backfield by Camarillo’s Trey Valles.<br><br>The receiving corps contains Griffin Addison (Camarillo), Joaquin Johnson (St. Bonaventure), Colin Guenther (Buena), Tommy Alfaro (Pacifica), Robert Barrera (Hueneme), and the Oxnard duo of Elijah Davis and Eli Aragon.<br><br>One underrated participant to observe is Santa Paula tight end Bryce Zavala.<br><br>The 6-4, 230-pound tight finish, who additionally stars on the baseball crew, is some of the bodily spectacular players on the West roster.<br><br>”I’m simply making an attempt to have enjoyable,” Zavala mentioned. “There’s nice expertise right here. … I’m simply going to attempt to do my best.”<br><br>Like other All-Stars, Guenther, Carter and teammate Stevie Plahn are taking part in in the game days before leading Buena into the CIF-Southern Section boys basketball playoffs.<br><br>”Football has meant rather a lot to us our whole highschool careers,” Guenther mentioned. “It definitely helps that three of our basketball gamers are out here. It offers me encouragement that I’m not the just one out right here.<br><br>”Luckily, the practices didn’t overlap in any respect. Our basketball coach has been fully tremendous with it.”<br><br>Carter revealed that he plays on joining the Buena High boys golf group after the basketball season.<br><br>Asked how far he could drive a golf ball, the 6-4, 215-pound Carter responded, “300 (yards), at the very least.”<br><br>Defensively, Frazier has been impressed with Camarillo defensive finish Ryan Johnson and St. Bonaventure High linebacker Jared Barlow, who additionally signed with Cal Poly this week.<br><br>”Barlow’s been phenomenal,” Frazier stated. “He’s really impressive. He loves to fly up and fill within the run sport. He can run with folks in protection. He’s very smart.”<br><br>FEELING BLUE<br><br>After spending several of the past few years watching his older brothers play in this sport, Maria is excited for his turn Saturday.<br><br>”I have numerous pals on the team,” Maria stated. “It’s a last expertise, yet one more sport of soccer. I plan to leave it all out on the sphere with all the best guys I performed against. I really feel like each dude on the field is a plug-and-play player.”<br><br>As someone who has watched the sport not too long ago, Maria questioned the West’s blue jerseys.<br><br>”We’ve acquired blue jerseys this yr,” Maria mentioned. “It’s just sort of odd. I really feel like every West group from the previous has had purple jerseys.”<br><br>Joe Curley covers highschool, collegiate and skilled football for The Star. He may be reached at joe.curley@vcstar.com. For extra protection, observe @vcspreps on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.<br><br>In case you cherished this short article in addition to you would like to receive more information regarding all star football game i implore you to go to our page.<br>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: West All-Star Football Notebook: Twin Towers Will Anchor Offensive Line
Your information: